Friday, July 2, 2010

Soul Satisfying Music--"Say Yes" by Floetry

"There is only one for me
You have made that a possibility
We could take that step to see, ohh
If this is really gonna be
All you gotta do is say yes..."


Happy Friday! As we embark upon this holiday weekend, I'm feeling a little romantic. How often do we think about romance in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives? Seriously, take a poll. So much of what is played on the radio now is a phallic assault on my ears. I can't take one more bare chested man-boy singing about my neighbors knowing his name (Trey Songz--google him if you don't know what I'm talking about). Puh-leaze. He looks like he's in high school. But I digress.

When was the last time you felt like you wanted to say yes? When was the last time you felt amorous and passionate? In this microwave society, we often forget about the art of seduction and the thrill of anticipation. This song by Floetry is so specific without being vulgar and so sensual without being raunchy. This is grown folks music for grown folks' business. Here is a song that is so beautiful because of its subtlety...ooo ahh yess...Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome thoughtful and thought provoking comments. This space is designed for enrichment.

House Rules: Please don't act like a donkey in my comment box. If you want to argue, take it to the family picnic; I don't want folks to feel threatened while trying to express their opinions. That is all.