Monday, August 9, 2010

Soundtrack to My Life (Part 1)

Soundtracks are added to movies to enhance the main story or even, at times, to tell the story. If your life is an ever developing movie, what are the songs that are on your soundtrack up until this point? Here are a few of the songs that I would add to my soundtrack(in no particular order):

"We Are Family" by Sister Sledge (because I LOVE my family):




"My Life" by Mary J. Blige...(this song speaks to my experience on so many levels, as she says, "if you look at my life, you'll see what I've seen." That gets me every. single. time.):




"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson on Motown 25 (loved the man and the music...RIP MJ):




"Eric B. is President" by Eric B. and Rakim...(rap music was everything while I was growing up. This song takes me back to Saturday nights at the rollerskating rink doing the wop):




"To Zion" by Lauryn Hill (I was a young mother and some were disappointed in me, but I knew that my unborn child held a world of promise...I was right):



What a walk down Memory Lane!! This is just the beginning of my list. I hope you enjoyed my selections. Watch this space for more soundtracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome thoughtful and thought provoking comments. This space is designed for enrichment.

House Rules: Please don't act like a donkey in my comment box. If you want to argue, take it to the family picnic; I don't want folks to feel threatened while trying to express their opinions. That is all.