Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello, New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year, Good People!! As we usher in a new year, I just want to want to say that for many of us, the new year offers the promise of a fresh beginning and a chance to start over. However, I want you to take some time to think of all the beautiful things you did last year and will continue to do in the new year. Too often, we look at New Year's Day as a makeover free for all and forget that we might be doing some really good things that need to carry over into the new year. Crazy, right? But it's soooo true. Here's my list of things I'm taking into the new year (in no particular order):

Working out:
I just recently started working out and I like the way it makes me feel. I was going to wait until 1/01/2011, but decided to start early. I'm loving the MJ Experience game for Wii and I could dance to it all night (well, in short bursts until I get my stamina up). I will definitely keep at it because I want to be healthier.

Drinking only tap water and diet beverages
I stopped drinking bottled water in April after being schooled by some very knowledgeable people and I will continue to do so. I need to keep my blood sugar in check, so it's been mostly diet beverages. I like that I'm focused on my health and want to set a good example for my children.

Writing more
I have been writing more since I started blogging!! I love that I get to reach out to so many people via the Web. I have been writing for a book that I want to have published soon. So, I am definitely going to write more next year!

Being a good listener
I like to help people, but one of my greatest strengths is being a good listener. When people come to me for advice or just to vent, they know that they have my full, undivided attention.

Treating others how I want to be treated
This is a big one for me. People always tell me how nice I am and I think it's because I follow the golden rule. It's that simple. I believe in the laws of reciprocity and karma...

So that's my short list. I must say that I really like the person I am. I work very hard on being better and I would like to think that it shows. So, in 2011, I want to continue my journey of enlightenment as I strive to be a better wife, mother, granddaughter, sister, friend, auntie, professor, etc...By no means am I perfect (or even close to it); however, I think it's so easy to point out what we do wrong, I wanted to point out a few things I do well. I pledge to take more time for myself, sleep more and laugh more (even when I get my braces). I want to make sure I surround myself with people I love and who love me. I want to make sure that I listen to my intuition and trust my inner voice.

What do you do well and what are you going to work on? Whatever it is, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!


"New Attitude" by Patti LaBelle

1 comment:

  1. At least you chose to be healthy. Maintain regular dental check-ups too.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome thoughtful and thought provoking comments. This space is designed for enrichment.

House Rules: Please don't act like a donkey in my comment box. If you want to argue, take it to the family picnic; I don't want folks to feel threatened while trying to express their opinions. That is all.