Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sick and Tired of Being...

How many of us are feeling the weight of the economy? Depressed about education in the United States? The housing crisis? The job market? Student loan debt? Taxes? Racism? Sexism? Violence? or (fill in the blanks)? How many of us are tired of turning on the news and seeing how terrible life is for most people? How bad so many people have it? I am!!

I think I may have reached my limit in my capacity to tolerate one more piece of bad news, sad news, or gonna make me mad news!! (Insert screams, foot stomping, pouty lips and furrowed brows). I got up this morning feeling like...I don't know...I just felt like...Blah! Bah! Gah! Waaaaaaaaaaaah! And then, I remembered...I woke up this morning!! Imagine that, I took another breath, saw another sight, felt another feel...I woke up this morning!!! And you know what? That is a blessing in and of itself. I woke up this morning and in the words of my mother in law: "my bed was not my cooling board and my sheet was not my shroud" (look up Gullah sayings).

Here I was lying in bed, under the weight of everything and I forgot to count my blessings. I know that the world is hard out here for sooooooo many people and this is not the best time in a lot of folks' lives, but I am here. And I know that as long as I have breath in my body, I am able to touch another life, reach another soul, walk another mile and help another person!! As long I have breath in my body, I can inspire another being, cultivate another mind and I can help another person!! As long I have breath in my body, I CAN HELP ANOTHER PERSON!!!! And then I realized that life ain't so bad at'all.

Today I wish that you are able to find the motivation to do better and be better! Today I wish that you are able to tap into your spirit and find whatever it takes in order to propel you forward!! Today I wish you hope. Peace!

R. Kelly "I Believe I Can Fly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome thoughtful and thought provoking comments. This space is designed for enrichment.

House Rules: Please don't act like a donkey in my comment box. If you want to argue, take it to the family picnic; I don't want folks to feel threatened while trying to express their opinions. That is all.